Tadasana Yoga posture or mountain pose helps in overall improvement of the body.
Tadasana, with 'tada' meaning 'mountain', is regarded
as one of the most beneficial postures in yoga. Though it seems to be
quite simple, a person has to undergo lots of practice to attain the
perfect tadasana posture. The asana is believed to provide not only
physical, but mental benefits as well. It helps a person improve his
posture and also promotes confidence as well as happiness. A basic yoga
posture, Tadasana can also be used as the starting point for other
asanas that are performed in a standing position.
- Stand on a firm ground, with your legs and feet joined together.
- Keep your hands at your sides and look in the front.
- Now, balancing yourself on the heels, raise your toes and hold it
for 5-10 seconds.
- Bring the toes back on the ground and move forward your pubic
bone, just a bit.
- Lift your chest up and out, in moderation.
- Next, you need to raise up your head.
- Lift the base of your skull, towards the ceiling, lengthening
your neck in the process.
- Putting pressure on your toes, lift your legs up, first the
calves and then your thighs.
- Keeping your breath steady, remain in the position for 1-2
- As you inhale, feel the breath is coming up through the floor and
going into your legs, followed by stomach and up to the head.
- While exhaling, feel your breath going down, right from the head
to the stomach and into your feet.
- Now, come back to the original position slowly and repeat the
- In the next repetition, along with your legs, raise up your arms
as well, stretching them and taking them over your head.
- Again repeat the inhaling and exhaling exercise and in the latter
one, put down your arms as well.
- Always make sure to create a rhythm between the flow of your
breathing and the raising and lowering of your arms.
- The most important and the most basic benefit of Tadasana is that
it helps improve the posture of the body.
- If it is the flexibility of ankles, knees or hip joints that you
want, then this asana will serve your needs perfectly.
- Tadasana has been know to helps strengthen the oblique muscles of
the person, preventing hernia in the process.
- Practicing the asana on a regular basis will help impart
suppleness to your spine.
- Tadasana not only helps improve your balance, but is also good
for those who want to increase their height.
- In case you are suffering from visceroptosis or pain in the
backbone, this asana will prove to be beneficial.
- Tadasana helps improve the respiration and digestion of a person,
along with promoting proper elimination of waste.
- This asana helps a person gain proper control over his muscular
- Indulging in Tadasana, on a regular basis, strengthens the entire
nervous system of the body.
- Tadasana should not be performed by those who have complaints of
a reeling sensation.
- All those who are prone to low blood pressure or are suffering
from headache should not perform the asana.