Want to know more about Bikram Yoga benefits, Bikram Yoga colleges and Bikram Yoga postures? Go through this article on Bikram Yoga!
Bikram Yoga is the name of the style of yoga that has
been developed by the renowned guru Bikram Choudhury. It is also known
as Hot Yoga or Fire Yoga. Ideally practiced in a room heated to 105°F
(40.5°C) temperature, with a humidity of 40%, it is intended to
warm up and stretch every joint, muscle, ligament, tendon, vertebrae and
organ of the body, down to the cellular level. Scientifically and
methodically designed by Bikram Choudhury, Bikram Yoga is the most
demanding, yet a powerful and exciting sort of Hatha Yoga. With the help
of this yoga, fresh blood and oxygen moves to all areas of the body and
all of the body systems feel rejuvenated and resorted. Every cell of the
body is revitalized, reorganized and refreshed, leading to a healthy
body and a healthy mind. The classes of Bikram Yoga are guided by
specific dialogue, including 26 postures and two breathing exercises.
Each class lasts approximately 90 minutes.
Benefits Of Bikram Yoga
- Bikram yoga, which is done in a hot room in order to avoid
injury, allows deep stretching of the body and promotes release of
- The uneasiness experienced during the initial moments of doing
the yoga rapidly disappears and helps in developing the ability to
control one's mind.
- With the help of Bikram yoga, overall mental, physical and
emotional health is improved.
- The yoga gives mental relaxation and also works on the
respiratory, circulatory, and nervous systems of the body.
- Bikram yoga helps in reshaping your body, restoring flexibility
as well as in toning, strengthening, and lengthening your muscles
- The yoga helps strengthen your spine, reduces the risk of sports
injury and relieves you from pain.
- Bikram yoga helps in raising energy levels and reduces your
weight, by balancing the metabolism.
- The yoga gives a soothing effect and diminishes the effects of
stress on the mind and body.
- Practicing Bikram yoga increases balance, coordination, focus and
concentration ability of a person.
- The yoga is also good for the kidneys and it helps in controlling
chemical imbalances of the system.
- Bikram yoga plays a vital role in improving constipation,
colitis, spondilitis, menstrual disorders, hip and back pain.
- The yoga gives cardiovascular benefits and improves the working
of the immune, muscular, digestive and reproductive systems.
- Bikram yoga strengthens the stomach muscles and helps with
arthritis, knee problems and even gout pain.
- The yoga promotes better sleep, helps in the improvement of
posture and increases body awareness.
- Apart from clearing your mind, the benefit of Bikram yoga is also
seen in making your skin glow and calming your soul.
- The yoga helps you build mental strength and teaches you to hold
your mind in a meditative state.
- Bikram yoga ensures healthy and balanced functioning of the
skeletal, muscular, circulatory, nervous, digestive, elimination,
respiratory, endocrine and mental systems of the body
Comment On This Article