Here is a collection of Yoga readings. This Yoga reading list contains Yoga books and Yoga literature information.
Yoga Reading List
- Yoga and the Quest for True Self by Stephen Cope.
- The Science of Yoga by Shri Yogendra.
- Hatha Yoga Simplified by Shri Yogendra.
- Yoga Hygiene Simplified by Shri Yogendra.
- Kripalu Hatha Yoga Book by Christopher Ken Baxter - This is an
illustrated book and presents 26 postures that provide a complete,
well-rounded practice for beginners and experienced Yoga students.
- Yoga Asanas Simplified by Shri Yogendra - the founder President
of the Yoga Institute of Santacruz, Mumbai.
- The Yoga Tradition by George Feuerstein, a comprehensive book of
over 700 pages on the history, literature, philosophy and practice
of all traditions and branches of Yoga.
- The Shambhala Guide by George Feuerstein, a short introductory
book on Yoga.
- The Shambhala Encyclopedia of Yoga by George Feuerstein, a
collection that provides a methodical summary of the complex Yoga
tradition and all its key concepts.
- The Tree of Yoga by B. K. S. Iyengar, which uses the symbol of
the tree to explain various yogic paths.
- Yoga by Judith Lasater- It examines the moral principles and
practices of Yoga, as everyday application.
- Yoga as Philosophy and Religion by S N Dasgupta.
- Yoga by Bouanchou, a translation of and practical commentary on
the Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali.
- Tantra- the Path of Ecstasy by George Feuerstein, a systematic
summary of the teachings of the important but widely misunderstood
branch of Yoga called Tantrism.
- Meditation for Dummies by Stephan Bodian, a useful practical
introduction to Yoga's central art of meditation.
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda- a popular and
inspirational account of the amazing life of a modern master of
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnu-Devananda.
- Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnu-Devananda.
- Yoga for Women Simplified by Smt Sitadevi.
- Bliss Divine by Swami Sivananda.
Comment On This Article